Tuesday, April 28, 2009

whirling and twirling world...

Not sure why my tolerance has fallen apart so quickly...I mean I did drink a delicious Moretti beer out of a can while walking through the streets of Siena for lunch yesterday. However, during our trip to the Chianti region yesterday, my world started spinning again.

We had a great time touring the Chianti region despite being a part of a large bus tour and sort of grossly took over small towns with our short stops. But, we stopped at two wineries and tasted some fantastic varieties of Chianti, Chianti classico, and other yum yums. It seems a waste to taste and then pour the remainder of the poured wine into a little tub to be tossed out, so I made sure to swish and slurp each lovely drop. The result though was stained red teeth and a whirling world...oh and a receipt for purchasing a few too many bottles to be delivered home (my fiscally conservative wife is extremely excited about that...).

Anyway, the world has slowed down yet again and we've booked another wine tasting tour to the Brunnello region (southern Tuscany where the soils are better for even tastier wines). My fingers are crossed that we...I mean I...don't purchase more wine.

That's all the post that we have time for today. Oh...and I'm really not perpetually drunk on this trip as it may seem from reading these posts...just enjoying myself and good Italian beer out of the can.

2 comments:

McDolan April 28, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

he he - I really didn't know you were such a lush.... in fact I thought you were prim and proper like you wife :)

saxdaddy April 28, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

I always knew you were a lush. From the rolling rock era, to the chris baird homebrew era, I knew you had it in you. And since you have a bus driver at your disposal, you should live it up!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP