Sunday, April 1, 2012

Overly Ambitious Remodel - Phase 2A

While Paula is off gallivanting around Kenya for 2 months, I get to stay at home doing all the exciting things...like taxes. It's a rough life to be sure. However, via Skype and email, Paula and I have been finalizing the plans for Phase 2A of our Overly Ambitious Home Remodel. You may be asking yourself right now, "Great! That means you guys are done with the kitchen, doesn't it!" And to that I answer, "Absolutely not!" Nevertheless, I spent this weekend beginning the messy processes of demolition.

To explain the difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2, I thought I'd give you a virtual tour. When Paula and I moved in 2009, the floor plan looked as such:


The kitchen and dining rooms were separate rooms at the top and right corner. The master bed is at the top left corner, 2nd bedroom at the bottom left, and an office/smaller bedroom just to the left of the living room.

Since we moved in, Paula and I have been wanting to convert the existing pink bathroom into a master bath and find space for another bath on the floor. After playing around with the floorplan a bit, Paula and I have come up with a layout that we're comfortable with.


With this floor plan, the shared closets between the master and 2nd bedrooms becomes the new common bathroom while the existing bath becomes the master bath and closet.  The office/smaller bedroom is turned into an office that opens off living room through sliding doors. So, with this layout in hand, the last two
weekends were spent taking down walls.

Before: View from dining room towards office/small bedroom.
After: View from dining room towards office/small bedroom.
There's more demo still ahead, but it's at least a start towards more chaos and unfinished construction, which seems to be the state of life that Paula and I seem drawn to.

1 comments:

McDolan April 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM  

wowzers... and you guys think I am crazy tearing into things... not sure about that :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP